I Make the World Write Services
Here are the services I offer:
Various levels of editing:
- Proofreading: A “final catch” for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors—everything you think you covered already.
- Copy editing: Correcting grammatical errors, punctuation, spelling, verb tense, word choice, sentence structure, improving clarity
- Heavy copyedit: All of the above, including rewriting, and looking for “big picture” issues such as structure, overall clarity and organization
- Academic editing: Assuring adherence to styles such as APA, MLA, Chicago
All writers need editors!
One-on-one writing tutoring for a range of writing including:
- College essays (Common application; University of California)
- School essays
- Academic articles
- Business reports
- Technical reports
- Research papers
. . . whatever you need to work on.
The sessions sometimes include simply brainstorming ideas, outlining, and working on thesis statements for academic papers.
New! Writing Workshop at Writers, Ink!
Have you forgotten the difference between a colon and a semicolon? Is your approach to commas more like throwing darts at a dart board? Does your writing sometimes meander off course? This class is for the adult learner who simply wants to write better. The class features lectures, quizzes, and lots of opportunities for questions and discussion. Topics covered include sentence structure, writing with clarity, a less is more approach, common writing errors, and a common-sense approach to using correct punctuation. Students need only bring a writing pad/pen, or tablet device. Course materials provided. For more information, go to the Workshops page.
Graduating from high school or college doesn’t ensure proficiency in basic writing skills — which is why I’m in this business! I can custom-tailor my workshop to suit the needs of your workplace — big or small. Topics could include basic sentence structure, grammar instruction, report writing and organization — whatever you need to help improve your employees’ communication skills and your bottom line. To request a workshop, fill out the Request a Workshop form.